1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why you should never invite a Craig's List potential buyer into your home...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NickInMesa, May 7, 2010.

1. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    With all due sympathies to the family, that man was a complete moron.

:rollno:

2. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    The guy invited complete strangers in to look at DIAMONDS?

Sad situation, but that's seriously dumb.

3. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    While it was a very unwise thing to do, I would not say that he got what he deserved. Now, those kids have to grow without a father who was probably wasn't a bad guy. Really sad.

4. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Social Darwinism?

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Didnt we go over this earlier this week?

6. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    My thoughts.

Frankly if I were going to do that I would answer the door with my .45 on my hip. Then again I'd never invite some one into my home to look at some diamonds.

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Agreed. "Got what he deserved" is a pretty sick thing to say. Since when are moments of poor judgement probably chalked up to naivite deserving of robbery, torture and murder?

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    +1 seriously. To say "he got what he deserved" is pretty asinine. If you do something stupid, like walk on hot pavement with no shoes, THEN you get what you deserve, but to watch your family get beaten and then get murdered simply because you trusted someone albiet naively is not a good example of that and is so waay over the top that it's ridiculous.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    While I understand your concept, that really comes across as a dumb-ass remark. "He got what he deserved?"

10. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    A sad situation, but they screwed up by simply posting the diamond on Craigslist in the first place. :rollno:

11. Let It Fall

Let It Fall Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Your an idiot :rollno:

that post has no sympathy.

12. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Dang, I was thinking of putting a car on CL. Guess I would be a moron to do that now!

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Dude, seriously. Think this one through a bit. Cars, art, musical instruments, etc etc are sold everyday on Craigslist, some pretty valuable, because this guy was selling a diamond ring it makes it somehow suddenly the epitome of stupid and he deserved this??? Your opinion is your own, you're welcome to it but damn dude..

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    If your intent is to go in and murder to get what you want, what difference does it make?

15. LSquared

LSquared

Jul 28, 2009
    SW Illinois USA
    I have a friend who was selling a motorcycle online. Some guy called to set up an appointment to see the bike, but really to get the address. He showed up when my friend was out and stole the bike. Put his wife in the hospital for a while. Very bad scene. The cops caught the scumbag, but that didn't help his wife out too much.

16. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    what troubles me with your attempt to rationalize this so simplistically is you see his murder as a consequence of his action, rather than a consequence of the action of the murderer...but i digress, i don't feel this is worthy of any more argument

17. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Don't give your address, meet in public, carry a pistol.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well fellow TB'ers, it has been spoken and so it is.......if you make a bad decision, be prepared to accept death as a reasonable consequence..

-Mike

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Everyone knows ALL bad desicions result in death, right?