1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unclejam, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why do you hate Behringer or say what you say?

(Major this is where the effects rules and faqs said to post this so if its the wrong place plz move and notify.)

Post.

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i've never used it, therefore have no opinion about it one way or the other. except that i have heard more bad than good.

3. Thieves.

4. I think they open up a window of opportunity for less fortunate musicians.
    thanks \MM/ you Rock

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I plan to buy one of their £15 chorus units since I don't want to spend too much on a chorus. if it turns out to be good I will buy one of their tube OD units.

6. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    I have one but its the quality sound issue. I havent had any problems as far as the speaker or amp going out and it sounds ok, but when its put up against an ampeg, GK, Mesa, SWC..etc it just doesnt compare at all when it comes to sound. Its a great beater amp for practice and small bar gigs but anything else it just doesnt cut it even if I had a louder sounding one.
    So I dont have hate for behringer but it wouldnt be most peoples first choices for putting together a decent sounding rig.
    Most people look at a behringer for the same reason I looked and that was because it was cheap.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    At about 1/5th of the price though you can't complain too much though!

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I bought a Hellbaby Wah pedal, it was pretty much unusable. I have a small mixer of theirs and it is great.

9. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    True thats why Im pleased with mine, but Im saving up to get something that sounds much better.

10. Hi.

I'm using Behringer processing technology (compressors, EQs) just because it's cheap, but I don't expext anything really. It has to pay itself in 6 months and so far it has.

The major downside is that there's no practical way to repair almost any Behringer equipment as the schematics are not available so it's all waste and scrap when anything blows.

The other downside are the sometimes sub-standard or non-standard parts that don't last no more than the warranty period and again it's scrap.

Behringer as well as the other cheapos, are a hit and miss, one can score a winner, but a lemon is also a rather good possibility.

It's a good thing that those who play as a hobby can get somewhat decent looking gear cheaply, but anyone who's getting paid for playing is just kidding himself, IMO of course, as the 300€ amp blowing up can easily turn a paying gig to a charity event. (for the WHOLE band, no less)

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You are really asking this question? :eyebrow:

I won't go into the reasons just know that I will NEVER buy "their" products. That's as far as I will go as the can of worms it opens is something I do not wish on the OT mods. If you really want to know, do a search in the Amps and Effects forums and I'm sure you will find your answer. Just look for the threads that are locked.

12. Yes Mr. Lee I am asking that question.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm guessing people hate them because they ripped off a few products?

14. It is not that Behringer is bad... (for the price...) it is that you push them onto everyone in every situation. Behringer does not make the best gear. Stop telling me to purchase their stuff when I can afford better.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    1. The quality sucks.
    2. They directly rip off other companies' designs -- down to the circuitboard -- and produce it as their own. They manufacture it overseas with low-labour costs and circumvent the entire R&D process. This is the reason they charge so little. The legal costs involved in taking them to court would bankrupt many of the smaller companies they steal from.

Ashdown, anyone?

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Because almost everything that I have ever used that was made by them went to hell after only a couple months use--it was all PA type gear, but still. That's enough for me to NEVER bother trying out their bass gear.

If it works for you, great, I'm happy for you. But I'm sorry, in my experience, it has proven too unreliable.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I personally would rather pay the extra dime to ensure that everything works when I need it too.

I personally would rather pay the extra dime to ensure that actual money is spent on DEVELOPING new products.

18. I would love to see evidence of that. im not trying to be a smart#$$ but as much as I've heard that not once have I seen proof of it.

19. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    If you have the means, I would encourage you to test the specs they publish and see how accurate they are.

That's all I'm gonna say.

20. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Let's start with the front panel, shall we?

Ashdown Mag300H

Behringer Ultrabass BX4500H

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.