Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old_skool, Apr 22, 2002.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
  2. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
  3. Looks like something that TM Stevens might like.

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    haha, I was looking at that same bass earlier today. I was like w...t...f? :confused:

It's one those painting basses. I think it's ugly to paint a picture on a guitar or a bass. Why would people do that?

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I just saw that today...I really wonder if these people have too much money, or not enough sense of pride in existing artistry.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I noticed that one the other day. Why would someone do that to a bass like that?? Isn't that why Korean basses are made??:D

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Um...without knowing more, it may be something that's worth looking into. Warwick made some basses that were painted like that from the get-go. Which model Dolphin was it? Did it say? I don't recall.

But, if it's not the "expensive" version, it's not necessarily a waste.

Just a thought...

8. Hmm, Maybe Warwicks new slogan is going to be. . . "Warwick, The Sound of Graffiti"

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    "This is a good deal even without the paint job!"

One of the best lines I've seen on ebay in awhile :D

-robert

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    yo my homie brothas, its da new homie bass by warwick. :D Man, how someone could do that to a bass that is so desired amazes me...:mad:

11. Bleah. It looks like Jackson Pollock's dropcloth. Or maybe a bad digestive episode after three bowls of Froot Loops.

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    It doesnt say what model it is, It only says that it is a NT model. They give more info on order, returning, and billing than the bass itself.

13. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I think that bass is ugly to begin with even without the wacked out paint job.

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that's like putting 20" solid chrome rims, altezza taillights, and yellow stickers on a ferrari.

it's just wrong.

whomever did that should get hung 20 feet in the air by their nutsack.

15. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Remind me never to step on your new sneakers. You're quite creative with the painful retribution thing.

Anyway, I get the impression that this is one of the higher end Dolphins. Made me wince to see it.

Peace,

James

16. Ha, I saw that bass is the store a couple of weeks back.

Supposedly, a bassist in a well know "nu metal" band special ordered it then changed his mind on the bass. So, now a "lucky" bassist out there can buy this bad boy!:eek:

17. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    well i went thru some years on graphic design school and i have some warwick at home.. i think I got inspiration how to spend some lonely evenings and nights ;-)