1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Floyd Eye, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Why are there never any Swollen Pickles for sale in here? One of you either needs to come off the pickle or come off the Team Awesome Fuzz Machine, pronto. And did I mention cheap?

2. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Because they're great. Patience, Grasshopper...they come up from time to time.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I NEED one. Obviously I won't get one before my gigs this weekend, but I'd sure like to have a "Destroy" button on my pedal board by the following weekend's gigs. :D

I could buy a new one I guess. :bawl:

4. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Just get a new one, they are so cheap now, I picked up mine for under $100 CDN.

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Yeah I know, but if I'm going to spend $100 + I would be very tempted to find me one of those Team Awesome pedals. I'd really hate to spend a bill to find out what I really want is something else. Still, I have heard nothing but positive reviews of the Swollen Pickle so it is very likely this one will do. I could also have it on my board before Friday night.:bassist:

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Have you looked on HC or ILF?

They come up often in the TB classifieds. They're an easy to find alternative/upgrade to the big muff.

7. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I do not know what HC or ILF is. I would like to know and possibly even see some YT demos of these pedals.

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    My pickle will never be forsale. Its the fuzz pedal I have been searching for. Im even consitering buying another to leave at the studio and to have a spare if one of them ever breaks down. It has that dirty fuzzed out sound but still holds the low end. it holds more low end then a big muff and seems to have more low end then my clean sound.

9. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Try one at a store? I know they have 'em at the STL GC.

Also, have you checked eBay and Craigslist?

10. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Harmony Central and I Love Fuzz

11. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Yes I have.

They do have them at GC. $130. They sell on Amazon for $95.

12. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    95 is a good deal!

13. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    It is. I think I am going to buy one.

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    TAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFMTAFM.

15. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

I heard ya the first time. :D

I PMed a guy here who was selling one, but I got no reply. I cannot afford one new.

16. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    BASTARDS.

....... Swollen Pickle's good too. TAFM's way better. in my opinion. but i'm a HUGE SS/BS nerd.

love him sooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch.

*staring creepily at Cymbals Eat Guitar band pics*

sooooooooo. MUCH.

17. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I may have to settle Behndy. I don't like it any more than you do, but I figure the worst thing that can happen is I become the only dude here at TB selling one ( That is provided I buck up for the supporting membership).

18. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. i'm not pooping on your idea of picking up a Swollen Pickle. i'm spoiled where i have a butt load of more booteequy pedals at my spot to choose from, but i LIKED the Swollen P when i had one. it's a damn good fuzz.

just....... TAFM...... IS better.

19. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I see what you did there. :eyebrow::D

20. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    haha i just posted somewhere else regarding the swollen pickle to u..
    being from New Zealand ..boutique pedals aren't really an option when trying to keep costs down(i HAD to grab a fuzzrocious rat tail, be here aaaannnnyyyyy day now). but the pickle is an awesome pedal.. whatever this TAFM is behndy likes sounds great.. but these just arent as easily available for ME.. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.