1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by petrus61, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Did the mods let that Bain thread go on so long when it had no place in "Basses"? Something as mundane as "Which pickup.." gets moved in the course of an hour and this was allowed to continue for as long as it did? I had no part in it and have no side to pick but the title alone should have put it in the "moved" category, yet it was allowed to continue until it got "political"? The title itself contained huge political connotations and I have to wonder when looking at the length of some threads if they are allowed to continue lately as if someone is just sitting back enjoying it all until it gets too "heavy".

2. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    um,this thread should be moved also.

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Maybe it should. Just like the aforementioned.

4. I doubt the mods have the time to look at each & every thread to ensure the *guidelines* are being followed- if something bothers you I suggest reporting it.

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Speaking of guidelines, check out rule #5!

If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT post your complaint publicly on the forums. If you have a problem with a moderator's actions, PM or email the moderator privately. If the moderator's response is unsatisfactory, email the administrators (username: Paul, Chris Fitzgerald, john turner, David Wilson) or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page of the site.

We take all complaints seriously, but posting your dissatisfaction publicly will result in a rule violation.

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Also, let me clear something up for you.

The thread's lifespan was 3 hours. Opened at 7:30pm and closed at 10:13pm.

In the 6 pages of posts, was there one mod who interjected? No.
    Why? We have lives too. 3 hours isn't exactly a "long time" around here.

So, it boils down to two things.

1) It doesn't matter if it was open for "longer than it should have been". Leave that to us.

2) If you, for some reason, have a serious problem with how this was handled, any of the mods, or Admins will be happy to clarify anything for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.