1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dtripoli, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriously, why?
    [​IMG]

2. Because.

3. Penis Envy.

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Wow, between that bass and a basson cab. He has to have a strong back.

5. As a general rule, you shouldn't try to play any instrument if the neck is wider than your head :rollno:

6. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    If you play a beach gig, it can double as a surf board afterwards. :D

Actually, I think bashing mega string basses in prohibited. :scowl: Mods, please have mercy on me. :bag:

7. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    Because HE can!

I hope!

8. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    That picture looks like a groom standing arm in arm with his new fat bottomed bride at the conclusion of their shotgun wedding. Joy abounds! :D

9. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    It has a quirky, weird appeal to it. I just don't see myself ever needing more than four or five strings though.

10. Bridge_Cable

Bridge_Cable

Jun 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Thats how he meets chicks...

"Hey, would you like to touch my 20lb wood?"

11. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Look at the sadness in his eyes. He is warning us away.

"Don't do this!" he says. "You will regret it! You can never master this bass.. it masters you."

12. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Because some folks prefer maple to rosewood. Live and let live, I always say ...

13. Well played, sir.

14. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    He plays it like a piano anyway so , by comparison it's small and portable.

15. Threads like this restore my faith in trolling... OP, you might try to ask the man himself. I believe that's Garry Goodman*, an accomplished ERB guy. I would never attempt to make music w/such a beast, but asking why one plays a particular instrument is like asking why he/she likes a certain color- the only answer I can imagine is *because*

*http://garrygoodman.com/

16. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    The question has to be asked. IS that really a bass? I mean I really doubt if you'll ever catch him playing "Boogie Children" on that thing.

17. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    ha ha ha....that's close to what I was thinking. That look on his face either says "help me, I am being heal hostage" or "I have to poop"

18. Oneirogenic

Oneirogenic

Nov 10, 2009
    Because not only can you make people poop their pants looking at it but you can also make them poop themselves with the brown note. Probably cheaper than a grand piano that can hit those super low notes too.

19. JT's dad?

20. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

How about doing it left handed, fretless, and sleeveless? Because some can…not me though but hey that’s why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.