Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wich bass should i buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassopotomus_2, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Peavy 4 String

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Taglewood Rebel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi, i am getting a new bass shortly and i am unsure about wich one to buy. could you please help me choose wich one.

~Peavy Natural 4 string
    ~Multi sandwich of wood body
    ~satin finish
    ~thru neck

[​IMG]

~Tanglewood Rebel 4 string
    ~Small Light body
    ~Combination of P+J type pickups
    ~Lovely jade green/blue finish

2. I think the peavey is a better one. But whats up with the pegheads on both of em. Originality is good I guess?

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The headstocks look weird because the pictures are magazine cutouts. I'll second the Peavey motion. That tanglewood looks like a Galveston with a different name. (and you don't want a Galveston)

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    not even a triple neck 8 string/ 5 string/4 string fretless Galveston????? with batman inlays?!!!
    come on.... ;-)

The Peavey appears to be your best bet...
    have you played either one? You're safest trying some out.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

From the pix I would say the Peavey.

But try them both out, and let your hands and your ears decide. They are much more qualified to make this decision for you than I am.;)

6. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I've never even seen a Tanglewood, but I used to have a Peavey T40 back in the day, and man, I loved that bass. What a feel, what a sound. I don't have it anymore, but I had such a good experience with them that I use a Peavey head now for my amp, and I'm all kinds of happy with the brand. I'd vote for the Peavey just on its history.

7. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    What's the beef with Galveston? I've never played on one, but I find myself drooling over the fretted/fretless doubleneck that always seems to be for sale on ebay. What's so bad about 'em?

8. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    I have never played a Galveston, but I assume that some people don't like them because they are mass produced in Korea and most reviews about them are not flattering. They do make unusual and cheap basses though - I almost bought a Galveston 8-string off ebay once (8 separate strings, not octave).

9. Thanx everyone :-D

everyone carry on placing opinions please :)

10. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I would definitely buy the Peavey!!!