1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wich direct should i take?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by groooooove, Apr 4, 2009.

1. doing home recordings with my band..were recording everything live to one track in garageband (yamaha mixing board into mic input..) and for one song im going to be using some dirt effects in my signal..

im running a tubescreamer copy into a sansamp. but i normally take the direct out from a markbass head, (SD800 in this case.) and i really like the quality of that direct out. being that i 95% of the time want a clean soilid state sound, i rarely record dirt.

so the question is should i take the markbass DI or just skip the head and go straight out from the sansamp? (wich ive heard is passable but not the best)

i cant just record both and see what i like, drummer has my laptop and when he gets here were pressed for time.

what would you do?

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi groooooove.

I try the Sans Amp. I believe those are being used for direct recording in studios. They are an amp & speaker simulator after all. ;)