Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wich pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MOR_Lio, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Hello everybody!

I would like to buy a effect pedal here(I am a foreign exachange student from Belgium) but I don't know wich one to buy.

I would like to have some effects for music styles like hard rock, fusion, metal, this kind of stuff, I am a huge fan from Classic Hard Rock bands like acdc ou Led Zeppelin, but I would like to be able to play Rage against The Machine's songs with these effects.

So if anybody can tell me about the mnost common pedals here, their prices and qualities, it would be great.

Thanks

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What kind of sound are you looking for? Overdrive? Wah? Chorus? Can you point to a part of a song you want to sound similar to?

3. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Actually I play a lot of Rage against the machine song, so the kind of sound I would like would be the bass sound in the chorus of "Know your ennemy" or the begining of "Guerilla Radio" for instance.

I don't really know if bands like Led Zeppelin or ACDC were using effect. For Led Zep I think the bassist did but I am not sure.

4. You could buy a BOSS GT-6B they have a ton of effects in them such as distortion fuzz chours wha flanger and so on. Plus amp and cab choises.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If he wants something like the bridge in know your enemy then thats a plain OD :)

6. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    First of all thank you very much for your answers.

I've already heard about the BOSS GT-6B, but I think it's quite expensive for my first effect pedal, so maybe I will try to find something cheaper, even if it's not the sane quality than this one.

So do you know cheaper pedal board that provides several effects, in the styles that I said before?

Toasted: actually the sound that I'm looking for is not really the one from the bridge of know your ennemy, it's rather the chorus and the verse, actually everything but the bridge.