1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wicked the Mucical, Who is the Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by davec, Sep 29, 2008.

1. davec

davec Supporting Member Commercial User

May 4, 2006
    bartlett illinois
    Owner; Cody Electric Basses
    I saw Wicked over the summer with my Wife and thought it was great. Does anyone know who played on the Broadway Recording? Or who is filling the bass chair here in Chicago?

I was amazed at the different styles and how fluid the bass was. Most amazing was the same bassline changing styles while keeping line basically the same.

2. I saw the show at the Oriental Theater in Chicago early in the summer and thought pretty much all of the above. No clue as to who played it though.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The touring show in Columbus, Ohio had no live bass player, but rather a slew of keyboardists.

4. broadway was Konrad Adderley

5. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    We're doing Popular for a school production...

"Hey guys, I've got a great idea. Instead of playing on the 1 and 3, how about the 1 and 4?"

6. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    If you saw it in chicago it would have been Tom Mendel on bass. Sorry this is an old thread...