1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wide neck Custom Shop Jazz Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassix, Apr 10, 2010.

1. bassix

bassix

May 1, 2000
    Denver, Colorado
    For those of us who love our basses 'comfortably wide' I came across this today. It's described on the site as having a "Great Feeling P-Bass Profile". I contacted them and they verify it has a 1 3/4" nut! This is the 1st time I've ever seen this option from the factory - even if it is Custom Shop. Can't tell you how badly I wish I had the $$$ to buy this beauty. Very cool!

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/guitar pic pages/08FenderJazzBassFiestaRed.html

Attached Files:

2. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Why don't you just put a P neck on the bass you have now?

3. bassix

bassix

May 1, 2000
    Denver, Colorado
    I have a Jazz bass w/ a 1960 P-neck on it. That's not the point of this post. It's just great to finally see 1 built that way from 'birth'. I've seen hundreds of P-basses w/ Jazz necks. I've NEVER seen this variation.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

I don't recall Fender doing any, but I've built several this way over the years. I love 'em.

5. I was expecting a wide neck 5er.

But really, that would be wayyyy to much for fender to consider......

6. bassix

bassix

May 1, 2000
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah. I'm sure you're familiar with the Squire Precision Special 5. In order to get a 5er with comfortable spacing I finally had to resort to buying one of the PS5's a while back and mod'ing it w/ Villex pickups, Badass bridge, and some other tweaks. Funny thing is, out of 7 basses I currently own, it's definitely my main go to bass. Having said that, I'd still prefer it if Fender would offer an American version of my bass. I bought one of the 24 fret Jazz 5-strings a while back, because it has the same wide neck, but it's still not quite there.