Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wide strap source

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by membranophone, Jan 1, 2004.

1. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    I was recently given a used nylon padded strap that is incredibly wide. The padded part is over 5 inches in width. I've never seen another strap like this in stores around me. This has got to be the most comfortable strap I've ever used. I recently got back surgery and this really helps reduce pressure. Does anyone know of an online store or catalog that sells straps of this width?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    A lot of people here (myself included) love the Comfort Strapp. I've bought them from http://www.activebass.com before, quick delivery

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i got my comfort strap(p) from guitar center, but i would like to have like a 10 inch wide strap...that would be bomb

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    In Timmy C's BassPlayer interview, he said something about using a 6 inch wide strap because of a shoulder problem he has. I can't remember where he said he got it, but if anyone has that issue of BP lying around maybe you could check and post what he has to say.