Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wide straps in the UK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mottlefeeder, Mar 7, 2005.

1. I have searched on 'wide straps' and on 'leathercraft', and not found any reference to Leathercraft straps, so I thought I'd let you know.

Leathercraft (in Liverpool UK phone 0151-734-4740) has no website, and no email, but make a 3 3/4 inch (95 mm) wide strap with a soft leather outer skin, neoprene core and suede underside. The back end of the strap is conventional 'loop through the slots' levi-style adjustable 1 inch leather strap. I have one on my first bass, and wanted a second one for my new bass, but it took some finding.

Sound Control in London, Oxford Street (basement of Virgin records) had some in stock, but I do not know if it is going to be a regular line.

2. I bought one last month when i went to London on holidays, on Denmark Street (full of music shops).
    It feels very nice and comfortable.
    Now you can get them from ebay or amazon, cheaper than from the shops (24 quids), but worth every penny/euro.