Wierd addiction.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a strange addiction. I watch the History channel EVERY chance I get, and I LOVE watching documentaries on war, i.e. WW1, WW2, Vietnam, etc. I even bought some DVD's on the subject. I could watch this stuff for hours! Any others out there?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I watch Discovery science and discovery wings a lot...I tend to stay away from the History channel though, cause all they ever show is WW I or WW II stuff.
  3. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Me too. I don't watch much TV, but when I do I rarely stray past Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, and the History Channel. I surf around Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel, but they seem to be more fluff than substance most of the time.

I also miss all the war movies that used to fill the late nights/weekends of my youth. :) I guess you can only rerun those things so many times...
  4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Same thing here. I don't watch t.v. much (except for sports.) When I do, I usually watch the History, Discovery, or Learning channel, or some local public station (PBS, GBH, etc. for their music content.)
  5. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    because I watch Discovery so much that I even watch/listen to Assignment Discovery in the mornings when I work from home...

if you aren't as addicted as me, that's the programming geared for broadcast in schools

and i'm 30.

and I usually already knew the info.

<every one responds at once>

"Hi Funky"

6. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    any one watch adult swim? I can't get enought of it. Its definately the funniest thing I've seen on tv and a while. Especially the Brak show. Pure Genious:D
  7. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yep, Adult Swim rules! I wish I could catch it more regularly, but I'm doing well to try to catch an episode of South Park once a week.

My wife gets to catch it pretty often - we like Sea Lab in particular. Space Ghost (and the Brak Show of course) is priceless. I'm digging The Oblongs, too.

Just too much going on to watch much TV - lucky I can hit Talkbass from work every day, though! ;)
  8. You are not alone in this obsession, my son! :D

History is one of the best things to get hooked on.
    Wanna check out one of the most interesting periods? Check out what Ghengis Khan and his Mongol boys did to the world. Unbelievable. They had an empire that stretched from Korea to Hungary. These guys kicked major butt.

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You aint kidding. the brak show and sea lab, have got to be the funniest things i have ever seen.

Favorite brak show quote:
    Braks mom: Go get you some son!
    Brak: Whatever dood.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have another weird addiction...I constantly think about, and play bass, I am never not thinking about it, and I can't ever get it off my mind, I'm either playing, or wanting to play, or thinking up new ways to play....anyone else around here share that addiction :D
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I too, love Adult Swim! As for Ghengis Khan, he was a baaaaad man!
  12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

I love war documentaries. All the way back to ancient Chinese wars and midevil wars, and present day military technology as well. I don't like some of the stuff on history though, it can sometimes get boring. Usually, I love it :cool:
  13. I LOVE The History Channel.

I liked the WWI and II documentaries, but I already have tons and tons and tons of books on the subject. (DON'T EVEN TRY TO GO TOE-2-TOE WITH ME ON WWII FIGHTERS!!! I WILL EAT YOU FOR LUNCH!!)

I really really like their documentaries on weird stuff, like the History of Food, or History's Mysterys (great series). Mail Call's cool too.

I used to like TLC and TDC, but now it seems that everytime I turn it on its some stupid wedding or house show... :mad:

I live off Cartoon Network, I don't know where I'd be without Adult Swim and Batman Beyond.

I used to watch VH1 and MTV (yes...I did) but now seeing as the former is so full of crap I find myself descending into self-loathing everytime I watch, and the latter just makes me sick, I've stopped. Unless there's a cartoon on.

Comedy Central's good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.