Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wierd bass, can you identify it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jul 14, 2005.

1. I say a bedouin soundclash video on tv, and the bassist was playing a wierd bass with the tone knobs on the upper horn of the body. I went to their site and it was listed at a 1976 jazz bass his father had bought, with two pickups, rosewood fretboard, and get this, he still uses the original black nylon strings :eek: Anywho, I tried to find some information on google and on here with no luck, but I thought it was neat, so maybe some of you have some pictures or information.

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    This?

[​IMG]

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    looks like a DiPinto

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    are these basses good quality? because i'm really likin' the looks! :cool:

5. That's it, wierd huh? Looks pretty though!

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    BAH! Weird, not wierd :p...

I like that bass though.

7. I kinda really would like to play one! It looks so nice.

8. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I don't know about the basses but a friend of mine owns an Italia guitar which he likes (and he has over a dozen quality instruments). I have heard him play it and it sounded pretty good to me.

9. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    There is a local band in my area (cant remember the name since i havent seen them in so long) but their bassist had one. he let me hold it and play it for a few minutes. it was a good playing bass. its very sparkly too.