Wierd collections

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 2, 2003.

1. So, do any of you guys have anything odd that you collect? I don't mean normal stuff like cards or books. I mean things like bullet casings, or control knobs from amps. That sort of thing.

I happen to have a very bizarre curio cabinet. Inside are pieces from a crashed F-15, about 20-30 large caliber buller casings, a piece of wood that got lodge in my abdomen a few months back, a scrap of cloth from a SEAL uniform, and a couple of pictures of weird things I have seen/done. Anyone else collect the bizzarre?

Rock on
  2. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    I have every bass string I have ever owned.
  3. I have a nice collection of boogers that I flick onto my ceiling.
  4. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I have a collection of underwear that I have stolen from aquaintances mothers.
  5. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Gu**tar Slides....... Chrome,Brass,Copper,Porcelian,Bottle necks,Aluminium ..... got about 50...... sad or what...:confused:
  6. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Shed skins from my pet spiders :) I used to collect skins from my cornsnake, but as we moved house we gave it to a freind of my dads who had a load of them (I was about 8 then).

oh, I also collect money ;)
  7. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    A bit off thread i know, but my 8 year old daughter has been pestering us for ages.
    She wants a Tarantula as a pet!
    Are they "suitable" pets for youngsters?
  8. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    I don't know if you would consider this wierd, but I have collected WWF Hasbro Action Figures since i was about 8.
  9. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    yo, check your private message inbox ;)
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i also have every bass string i ever used

11. See thread like these are suppose to be fun. I started up a thread about what I collect a few weeks back and people started a big debate about what's politically correct and how some people need those stuff as a penis extension. I collect gas guns/replica guns. I got about.....hmmmm lets see....8 of them.:D One of them sprays about 20 pellets per second.
  12. Nutcrackers, not the little metal ones, the big wooden ones that look like people. I dont still collect them, but I used to and I still have them all.
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, well, that was, in my opinion out of line, and pretty lame. for what it's worth, i think that whole episode was shameful, but hey, what're you going to do?
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    eric, your collection sounds really cool. i had a friend when i was in high school who collected debris from world war 2 - shell casings, bullets, pieces of uniform and parachutes. everything was incomplete, ripped, or partially destroyed. cool stuff.

15. Hey:) It's good to hear that Mr Big JT himself is on myside. I just feel bad for those TBers who own the real ones.....yeah but that'll discussed on other topic.
  16. ditto
  17. I collect dust.

It's very relaxing.
  18. I used to collect every pen I could find, I thought that was kinda weird. I also have collected bass strings that I found in the backstage area of the warped tour (don't know who's they are). Some other odds and ends: tiny vibrating motor from my old cell phone, every sticker that I have had on my football helmets, those little ball markers that you use from golf, golf tees, car magazines, 311 memorabilia. Yeah the last one wasn't too weird, but it deserved mentioning. And for more traditional stuff: cards, coins, rocks, and little souvenirs I pick up on various places I visit. Oh, and a penny that I won from my girl friend in a bet.
  19. I collect shot glasses from everywhere. I dont like..buy them on E-bay or anything, i just grab them from weird places that i go. Somethign cheep and fun. And i also have all the bass strings iv ever used....im only 16 so i only have like...5 strings...but yeah ^_^.
  20. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I have a boatload of skull stuff, like pins, stickers, belt buckles, necklaces and drawings, but I also have actual skulls. I have a raccoon skull, a deer skull, a skunk skull, a goat skull, a bird skull, a pretty realistic model of a human skull and the crown jewel of my collection -- a real, live (dead) human skull. I bought it from a guy for $100.

I also collect GWAR stuff, or GWARtifacts, if you will. I have T-shirts, videos, DVDs, e-mails, pins, stickers, concert picks, autographs, pictures with the band, "bloody" clothes, a blood-stained belt, my homemade Oderus costume and the crown jewel of my collection -- a Washburn bass that was owned and played by Beefcake himself (Violence Has Arrived was recorded with it)!

Is that cool or just plain morbid? I'll let you decide!