Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wierd sleeping problem..(not like the other thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Sep 1, 2004.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey all

Recently I've had a few episodes where as I am falling asleep, my arms, hands, and even face start twitching and trembling. I am half asleep by then, and these wake me up. They have happened more when I was stressed or overly exhausted. Anyone ever get these, or know what this is?

Vince

2. I get those. I think.

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I get those sometimes. Mine are called "tremors". They usually come like when you said: overly stressed or overly tired. Mine have become more frequent the past few years. It's a weird feeling and annoying when you're JUST about to fall asleep and one jolts you back into a conscious state. Argh.

4. BlasphemyArise

BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    I got those too but mostly when I'm overly tired, it sucks but I dont think there is much you do about except try to get a good nights sleep whenever possible.

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I've had those once. Well, more than once but only on one night. I had been abusing Dramamine and after a few minutes of not moving I would start itching like crazy (not really itching, but I can't think of a better way to explain it) and then I would do like 3 or 4 huge twitches with my whole body and it would go away. Then come back in the next few minutes.

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

ive had that a few time when falling asleep infront of the TV in my room.

7. I got those sometimes. Maybe too much coffee? :help:

8. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I wake up almost every night DRENCHED in sweat. It's disgusting. I have a bad case of sleep terror. I wake up drenched, and although I can't remember it even though it just happened & was the reason for me waking up, I know for sure I had just had a nightmare. I don't scream or anything, but I do remember one time I was trembling so violently I was actually able to tell myself to wake up from the dream. I woke up but didn't try to move at all, and was still trembling like a machine, like a switch was on. Once I made an effort to lift my finger, the trembling shut off altogether. Quite possibly the wierdest thing ever that's happened to me. I looked up some sites on sleeping disorders, and it said sleep apnea usually causes you to sweat profusely. That sucks, I have Sleep terror AND apnea rolled into one big ball of sleeping fun. It kind of makes life interesting to me needless to say. Good luck with that, don't over-stress yourself during the day!