Wierd sleeping problem..(not like the other thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Sep 1, 2004.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey all

Recently I've had a few episodes where as I am falling asleep, my arms, hands, and even face start twitching and trembling. I am half asleep by then, and these wake me up. They have happened more when I was stressed or overly exhausted. Anyone ever get these, or know what this is?

2. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I get those sometimes. Mine are called "tremors". They usually come like when you said: overly stressed or overly tired. Mine have become more frequent the past few years. It's a weird feeling and annoying when you're JUST about to fall asleep and one jolts you back into a conscious state. Argh.
  3. BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    I got those too but mostly when I'm overly tired, it sucks but I dont think there is much you do about except try to get a good nights sleep whenever possible.
  4. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I've had those once. Well, more than once but only on one night. I had been abusing Dramamine and after a few minutes of not moving I would start itching like crazy (not really itching, but I can't think of a better way to explain it) and then I would do like 3 or 4 huge twitches with my whole body and it would go away. Then come back in the next few minutes.
  5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

ive had that a few time when falling asleep infront of the TV in my room.
  6. I got those sometimes. Maybe too much coffee? :help:
  7. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    I wake up almost every night DRENCHED in sweat. It's disgusting. I have a bad case of sleep terror. I wake up drenched, and although I can't remember it even though it just happened & was the reason for me waking up, I know for sure I had just had a nightmare. I don't scream or anything, but I do remember one time I was trembling so violently I was actually able to tell myself to wake up from the dream. I woke up but didn't try to move at all, and was still trembling like a machine, like a switch was on. Once I made an effort to lift my finger, the trembling shut off altogether. Quite possibly the wierdest thing ever that's happened to me. I looked up some sites on sleeping disorders, and it said sleep apnea usually causes you to sweat profusely. That sucks, I have Sleep terror AND apnea rolled into one big ball of sleeping fun. It kind of makes life interesting to me needless to say. Good luck with that, don't over-stress yourself during the day!