Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wierdest bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGrowl, Aug 1, 2001.

1. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    ok, whats the wierdest looking bass youve ever seen??? I personally thought the Daisy bass (www.daisyrock.com) was a little wierd.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The Briarbass 3 Men in a Tub signature model -

[​IMG]

or the Atlansia Solitare

[​IMG]

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The one string Atlansia.

4. uuuhhhhhhhh ! ! ! You guys are disgusting ! ! Gotta get me one of those Briarbass 3 Men in a Tub signature models.

5. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    those things are hilarious, never seen anything like em

6. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What about those monstrosities on ebay. From that guy that just cut down a tree in his lawn and decided to make a bass.

7. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    hey BigJH, could you give us a link to the fugly monstrosities your talkin about, i wanna see these

8. rickbass

Shoot, JH, you mean that epitome of the luthier's art, the Wishnevsky Skeletor?, (so named because, "it looks kind of bony" the maker says). I think that guy follows Landscape & Tree Service trucks around the neighborhood, like a lawyer follows an ambulance.

[​IMG]

Just when you thought it was safe to come online to Talkbass.....

9. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

That's a Klingon bass. I saw Worf playing one of those, but he smashed it because he couldn't get a decent tone from it.

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i would have mentioned a 7+ string conklin, but i think rickbass beat that.

11. rickbass

Portrait - I was talking to Larry Pollack at Aero pickups last week and he mentioned that he is currently working on a 10-string string bass pickup someone ordered.

I thought maybe it was for John Turner until I saw his new bass from the NAMM show.

12. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I just want to know what trees ever did to him that was so horrible that he had to create that!! That is just cruel and unsual punishment.

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
  14. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    :eek: :eek: kill me...