Wierdest Sports Injuries by Fox

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Some of these are awesome.

I was all prepared to laugh at these:

13. Kevin Mitchell injures himself vomiting, 1992.
    Mariners outfielder Kevin Mitchell re-injured a muscle on his side while vomiting. When asked why he vomited, Mitchell said, "Sometimes, I just do that."

14. Sammy Sosa injures himself sneezing, 2004.
    Sosa sprained a ligament in his back after a violent sneeze last season. It happened while sneezing and bending over in front of his locker. He sneezed to the truth.

until I remembered the time I threw my back out eating a sandwich. :eyebrow:
  2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Right on, bro. This stuff is funny until it happens to you. Like when I threw my back out squeegeeing the shower doors. I was flat out for 3 days. :bawl:
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    They left some out...I don't remember all the people who were involved but there was:

- Dude who cranked his neck trying to jam on a hat that was too small

- Dude who had a wrist injury from playing video games

- Dude who hurt his wrist or elbow or something from overuse of his computer

- Dude who hurt his hand trying to deploy a recliner

brad cook
  5. They left out my favorite one. Henry Cotto, playing for the Yankees at the time, wound up with a punctured eardrum after his teammate accidentally bumped into him while he was cleaning his ear with a Q-tip.
  6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    The last one about GlenAllen Hill is classic. I have an uncle who broke his foot from kicking a table because he was having a nightmare about snakes (partially sleepwalking too). :eek: :eyebrow:
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah! I forgot to add that one to my list!

brad cook