Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wierdest Sports Injuries by Fox

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Some of these are awesome.

I was all prepared to laugh at these:

13. Kevin Mitchell injures himself vomiting, 1992.
    Mariners outfielder Kevin Mitchell re-injured a muscle on his side while vomiting. When asked why he vomited, Mitchell said, "Sometimes, I just do that."

14. Sammy Sosa injures himself sneezing, 2004.
    Sosa sprained a ligament in his back after a violent sneeze last season. It happened while sneezing and bending over in front of his locker. He sneezed to the truth.

until I remembered the time I threw my back out eating a sandwich. :eyebrow:

2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Right on, bro. This stuff is funny until it happens to you. Like when I threw my back out squeegeeing the shower doors. I was flat out for 3 days. :bawl:

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    They left some out...I don't remember all the people who were involved but there was:

- Dude who cranked his neck trying to jam on a hat that was too small

- Dude who had a wrist injury from playing video games

- Dude who hurt his wrist or elbow or something from overuse of his computer

- Dude who hurt his hand trying to deploy a recliner

brad cook

5. They left out my favorite one. Henry Cotto, playing for the Yankees at the time, wound up with a punctured eardrum after his teammate accidentally bumped into him while he was cleaning his ear with a Q-tip.

6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    The last one about GlenAllen Hill is classic. I have an uncle who broke his foot from kicking a table because he was having a nightmare about snakes (partially sleepwalking too). :eek: :eyebrow:

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah! I forgot to add that one to my list!

brad cook