Wife doesn’t care about my tone

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chicken Wing, May 8, 2021.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

WHY do you have more than one?”

dasherf17 likes this.
  2. I've gotten that question about my bass(es, now), definitely guitars, and always records, CDs and DVDs/BluRays...why do you need so MANY? She knits and gets tons of yarns, various types and berates herself about it and all the accessories. I I wonceuponatime, "this is your musical passion..."
    Haven't heard "too much" of my passion since...

3. Take her back to the shop and get another one. She’s clearly defective. :p;)

dasherf17 likes this.
  4. Ooohhh, nooo...:eek::rollno:
    Understanding, good...
    I'd say I have the unit adjusted properly, but that's just....ummm, not conducive to any kind of Harmony...

Groove Doctor likes this.
  5. You really can't go wrong with mini-cows :smug:

Dubious Aa likes this.
  6. My wife doesn’t care about my tone, doesn’t know how many basses I have, doesn’t know the name of the band I’m in and hasn’t seen me play live in over 20 years.

dasherf17 likes this.
  7. So similar here...haven't played out in years, but she came to see the last one once, turned her nose up (it was bluesy rock...not her thing) and went home...luckily, we have 2 cars 'n' I drove to the gig after work.

8. Same here and I have a lot more than 4, they all look the same to her and sound the same pretty much. As long as I don't get caught sneaking them into the house I'm golden. :laugh: At a gig I'll ask her house my bass sounds and she gets irritated and mumbles stuff like 'ummm, I'm was in the front room' or 'I was on the phone', one time I pushed her and she finally said 'boom boom boom'. Her eyes glaze over at about the three second mark when I start talking about anything to do with bass, rock and roll etc. (she's Peruvian and likes Salsa)

I actually cornered her last week after I put some Rotosound RS-66 Swingbass strings on my Rickenbacker (mostly a flatwound player) and played with a pick with full treble on then played my P bass with La Bella flats and she actually noticed the difference! I'm still not sure if she was just trying to make me feel good or not though. :laugh:

9. Like Boris Badenov said: "never underestimate the power of a schnook..."
    Don't sell them short...if it seems they're not paying attention, they just may be...

bobyoung53 likes this.

10. Believe me, she doesn't know :laugh:, but actually the only thing she cares about is how much they cost, they all cost '500 dollars', so she knows enough not to ask, but yes she knows more about that than she lets on though but I buy her stuff all the time and give her money to buy things as much to assuage my own conscience as to make her happy.

11. My girl's got a hobby too, knitting...she gets yarns and accessories by the score, saying " I have to quit, I have to quit." I just tell her "go right ahead, Dear...mi hobby, su (<sp?) hobby..."

bobyoung53 likes this.
  12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Boom boom boom. That's what my friends describe
    the sound of my guitar.

bobyoung53 likes this.
  13. Same here, Boom Boom Boom!

bobyoung53 likes this.
  14. Parzival

Parzival

Jun 16, 2013
    Alabama
    My wife can be mean, but not always on purpose.
    First time she heard our band, she said in a very surprised way that I and the band sounded really good. Like she was expecting it to be subpar.
    Another time we were discussing arts education and I mentioned how important I thought music was for kids as it also can help math thinking skills and that I am always doing math in my head when playing. She responded, “you only count to four”. Ha!

ELG60, bobyoung53 and Gearhead17 like this.
  15. Mpcorb

Mpcorb

Mar 17, 2019
    West Midlands, UK
    So,
    How do I get that 'boom boom boom' tone, please?
    ;)

16. turf3

turf3

Sep 26, 2011
    Haven't you ever been to a performance of the 1812 Overture?

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021