1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wife Happy...Mesa Delivers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sterling4, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Sterling4

Sterling4

Dec 15, 2008
    USA
    Hello All You TBers,

Well, we picked up our M6 last night, I just have it out of the box to check it out a bit. I'll try to get some pics this weekend. Thanks to everyone who offered their input on my previous "wife" post. It is a beautiful amp, no doubt. A bit heavy, I'm sure it's at least 90 lbs. For those who are curious, my measurements are 29" high over the handle, 22" wide and 18" deep. I'm not at all familiar with the speaker controls on the back, if anyone can offer a tip or two, it'd be appreciated. Never in all these years did I ever think I'd own a Mesa product. It just shows that anything can happen!

Best Regards,
    Sterling4

2. Hi, Sterling4

Congratulations, happy to hear eventually everything turned out for the best.

Regards
    Sam

3. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    Glad it worked out. The speaker controls you're talking about are called the "Player Control Network" in Mesa speak. Its a crossover and a horn control. The three way switch dictates which frequencies get handled by the HF driver, and the knob is for attenuation of the driver.

4. the engine

the engine Guest

Congrats! (And your wife still rocks)

5. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    +1 that you have a rocking spouse
    not only does she buy you bass gear
    she has an opinion about the gear :cool:

6. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    And she doesn't make you leave it in the garage!

7. The Growler

The Growler

Jan 26, 2008
    Great to hear. You'll love it. I see someone else asnwered the question about the Player Control Network. More details can be found on Mesa's website under speakers, as your manual only deals with the amp.

Enjoy. Try not to rattle the house too much. :cool: