WIFE IN A CAR ACCIDENT !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. slobake

slobake resident ... something

She totaled her car. She says she is okay but I am not sure. She was still mentally recovering from the shock. She is with my son waiting for a tow truck about 20 miles south of S.F.
    I came home from work but she wants me to wait at home. Sitting on pins and needles right now. The last time this happened her injuries showed up a month later.
    Your prayers, good thoughts or whatever you have are appreciated.

Oddly, D M C, StyleOverShow and 3 others like this.
  2. gbrooding

gbrooding

Dec 22, 2011
    Slobake, I will definitely be praying for your wife and son.

Tbone76 and slobake like this.
  3. BadJazz

BadJazz Totally Elite Hyper-Member Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Sorry to hear this. Wrecks are always rather nerve-wracking, no matter the severity. Best wishes and I'm sending a whopping big carton of tuna noodle casserole your way.

4. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Best of luck to you & the family, hope she's alright.

Tbone76 and slobake like this.
  5. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE!

Mar 31, 2010
    Prayer sent...

slobake likes this.
  6. I shall burn a TNC for you.

Hope there is nothing serious.

7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Oh man, that's terrible news! Prayers that she's OK. Let us know how it turns out.

My daughter totaled my wife's car a few years back, so I know how awful it feels. She had a minor concussion but no long-term effects.

slobake likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

sounds like they escaped the worst: glad they're OK. bless you all! :thumbsup:

slobake likes this.
  9. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    I hope she's ok!

A couple years ago I totalled my car and walked away, but a few months after that I started getting terrible head aches and my front teeth hurt. I went to the dentist for the pain and ended up having surgery to remove an abscess that was in my gums under my nose. They said it was provably caused by the steering wheel under the air bag that saved my life.

I don't say this to worry you, but make you aware.

Again, good luck!

bolophonic and slobake like this.
  10. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Prayers for you and your wife. Glad your wife is okay. Car accidents are stressful even if there are no injuries.

slobake likes this.
  11. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    I tell my wife to go to the hospital for examination if she's ever in an accident.

bobba66 and blastoff99 like this.
  12. Thomas Kirk

Thomas Kirk

Mar 22, 2017
    N A
    All the Best Beams headed your way from the Peach State!

Don't let her walk away from this without a visit with your Chiropractor!

slobake likes this.
  13. I hope it ends up o.k. for both of you.

Totalled the car and walked away figuratively. Certainly the good news is that she is alive and (so far) no serious injury.

Here's hoping it turns out as good as it can turn out under the circumstances...

slobake likes this.
  14. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Good thoughts heading toward you and yours.....:)

slobake likes this.
  15. I hope she is okay. You, too.

slobake likes this.
  16. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    My business deals with healthcare after car accidents. Stuff often pops up days or weeks later. Have her see a neurologist in addition to the orthopedist she'll probably see first. The ortho will find what's wrong right now but the neuro will find what can happen later on.

Oddly, JLY, Thomas Kirk and 3 others like this.
  17. That sucks. Hope you are not freaking out too badly. This is her third or more car crash?

slobake likes this.
  18. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Only her second the first one was about 15 years ago. Traffic was stopped on the freeway and a large truck rear ended her. She has had neck and back problems since then.
    Hopefully there will be no medical problems with this one. She was only going 5 mph when she rear ended a truck. Her car is probably totaled. The air bag deployed and the front end is really smashed up. Radiator is crumpled and it probably bent the frame.
    She is home now.
    Thanks everyone, being part of this community is really a good thing.

19. I'm glad it all worked out. :thumbsup:

But seriously....car totalled from a 5mph impact?

Is this the Honda you bought?

20. Very sorry to hear this. My best thoughts/prayers/vibes are with you and your family.

slobake likes this.