1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wife says I need headphones/headphone amp...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jakeman, Feb 22, 2021 at 11:56 AM.

1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    It fit into my ibanez with the weird slot on front

2. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Why not the HX Stomp's headphone out? Is it because you are mixing in other sources or because you found the Stomp's headphone out deficient?

That should tell you that your tone doesn't work in the mix. I can turn my bass level way down and still clearly hear myself.

I can't stand playing bass through ATH-50Xs. Just too much bass boost which results in lack of clarity.

There is the BackBeat. And there are similar gamer devices called haptic belts and haptic vests.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 5:20 PM
    Zbysek and Fuzzbass like this.
  3. jazzyvee

jazzyvee

Aug 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    i had two of these in about a year and they are just not sturdy enough. On one the jack broke, then the next one the headphone socket broke. i decided to spend a bit more on a much sturdier metal item. Phil jones bass big head is really good quality, sturdy and can be used as an audio interface for recording via the USB.

brandau likes this.
  4. brandau

brandau

Jan 30, 2008
    NYC
    Yeah I hear ya. They are really flimsy. I’ve broken a couple too. I bought a $10 extended warranty from Sam Ash so I’ve been able to replace them no prob. I def recommend plugging in the Headphones and Aux cable BEFORE plugging it into your bass. It will save a lot of wear and tear. And never leave it plugged in when you aren’t using it. I should check out the Phil Jones Big Head...sounds cool

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Yeah, I love it. I don't use any of the spatial business on bass, just the "flat" model without anything else going on. It sounds great! (And the guitar side of it sounds great, too!)

I have it connected via Bluetooth to my iPad, both system and audio. Can run Tone Studio from it, listen to practice tracks, or navigate through charts & lead sheets on various apps (with an AirTurn Duo for page turns.) I know it's dumb, but not having to mess with cables at all ended up making a large increase in how often I grabbed my bass and practiced.

monsterthompson likes this.
  6. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Man, the “not grabbing a cable” thing is huge. I just switched to wireless earbuds and it’s significantly changed how I interact with my phone. I've certainly considered creating semi-permanent wire routing with my home setup so I don’t need to plug/unplug as often. Sometimes I think “do I need to spend money on another stupid cable?” Then I buy the cable and get mad I didn’t do it sooner.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    For sure. I ended up spending a ton of money on 16 channels worth of inputs in my last studio just so I could leave everything plugged in all the time.

marchone and monsterthompson like this.
  8. +1 for this, I'm surprised people are not recommending this more. I use it exactly for headphone practice. It's the successor to omnicabsim. You mentioned SVT, the preamp section is supposedly based on it. It sounds great. I had no problems with hiss at all, very quiet headphone out.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021