1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Wifes Comment Keeps Me Gigglin'

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by since197three, Feb 13, 2021.

1. About a week ago I was playing my Fender Pbass Special strung with Labella Deep Talkin' Bass Flats through my lil Ampeg BA108. Kicked a slow groove bopping line and my wife said from the other room. "Woooo, that sounds like a bad MFer walkin' down the street!" :laugh:

I'm still gigglin' to myself a week later.
    Happy Valentines Day

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Mr_Moo, Alik, Joshua and 12 others like this.
  2. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Not bass related, but... Way back when Mrs. Dadglasser was trying to get into the world of serious bridge (the card game) playing, she was speaking to a couple who were going drive to one of the competitions from somewhere in Idaho. The game/meet was in Spokane, I think. Anyway, Mrs. D. is on the speaker phone. She tends to speak really loudly. She had five sisters and two brothers growing up and so probably had to be yelling constantly to get anyone's attention. The couple from Idaho are on their cell while driving. The wife says to Betty "let me see...I think I played with you last year." Betty says:

(drum roll):
    "I've matured since then."

I had to leave the room and I could hear the couple laughing their heads off. The best I can figure is that she meant that her playing had matured since then.

Mr_Moo, Sore Thumb, Winslow and 2 others like this.
  3. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    It’s nice when a spouse gets it

Mr_Moo, Alik, Sore Thumb and 2 others like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021