Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WILCO fans... Help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by no4mk1, Dec 30, 2004.

1. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    How the hell do I listen to A Ghost is Born with Media Player or Winamp?

I HATE enhanced cds. :spit:

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Wrong forum.

But I'm not sure either how to do it either. I just downloaded the songs from the internet so I can listen to them on my computuer and keep the CD in my room.

Wilco is great.

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I use iTunes now, but I used to have a PC with Winamp.

Can't you click on the winamp menu, and go to play CD and select Ghost Is Born from your desktop or whatnot? With all the enhanced CDs I dealt with, that worked.

4. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Umm... I'm not sure why off topic would be the wrong forum for something clearly off topic, but O.K.

Winamp doesn't have a "play CD" option anywhere I can find... It just has a play folder option. For some reason the CD doesn't have any .CDA files for winamp to access.

O.K. I was able to get Windows Media Player to work, but it would be nice to be able to use Winamp.

Did I mention how much I hate enhanced CDs?

Cheers,
    Chris

5. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Go to viachicago.org, (a wilco message board) and there are lots of threads on techincal issues such as yours.

Wish I was in NYC tonight. They are headlining a show at Madison Square Garden.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Its not off topic, its miscellaneous.