Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wild Shows

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gabu, May 25, 2002.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Let's talk wild.

I did two shows this week. The first was in a restaraunt, so it was low volume low key... but a fun show never the less. But the show last night was a different story.

People seemed to be connecting with the band right off the bat. They kept yelling out song requests, cheering and applauding at the end of each song. I was like, damn... this is cool.

And then this lady started rockin' out with us. She got up in the lead singers face and started dirty dancing with him while he was singing... It was really funny because he is pretty shy so in the middle of some of the songs he started laughing while trying to sing.

Then she moved over to me. It was cool, but I have to admit I was pretty distracted and missed a few notes. Especially when she would bump into my hand.

When she wasn't dancing she would be leaning back in her seat, making sexual gestures... I was like, damn... I am glad the wifey isn't here right now! There may have been a fight!

Imbetween sets she asked me to come over. So I went over there and chatted with her. So she said some stuff and I told her that I was glad she was having a good time, and it was great rocking out with her... but I'm married... etc etc...

She indicated that she was cool with that. But it didn't slow her down durring our other sets. That show was really fun, but it got really tiring about 3/4s through it. All of the dancing around and shouting and interaction was new to me.

Now let's hear yours!! :)

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    This years First Edition [show choir] show was called the "Wild Party" with music from the broadway Musical "Wild Party" Does this count? :D

3. You should play a few biker rally type shows Gabu! Then you can add nudity to the provocative dancing.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Weeeelllll.......

I used to work in the French Quarter in New Orleans, we didn't stop playing until 2:45am every night (Sun - Thurs), and the strip clubs all shut down at 2....

....need I say more? :eek: :D

Nudity was a nightly experience, luckily it wasn't MY nudity! :p

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Otherwise there'd be whole lotta blind people in New Orleans...

:D

6. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    HAHAHA!!!!! That was just mean! You should delete that before you get killed

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Naw...I owe Gard a whole lotta abuse from Saturday. :p

Hi Gard! :D

8. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I was just at a convention in the French Quarter a month ago... What a GAS!!! There was way too much fantastic music, (Jazz Festival was going on at the time!), and I seriously considered giving up playing...

But, on topic... I'm right there with you Gabu. I've been playing with my current band for about 1 1/2 years, and it's been my only steady gig for the last year. The whole time has been wireless, which was a great way to periodically check the sound throughout the night. One night, when I stepped off to make sure the vocals weren't getting buried, these three gals decided to start dancing with me... I haven't looked back since!!! If I see a gal on the dance floor without a partner, I'm out there! In our regular haunts, it's become expected, sometimes it gets uncomfortably 'familiar', and some gals won't take no for an answer, but for the most part it's great fun! When things get too raunchy, the guitar player's wives usually come rescue me ;) At the very least, it's been a great ice breaker with the crowds!

-robert

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Oh hell man, I caused plenty of blindness fully clothed! :eek: :p

;)

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    That's it Brendan, just keep diggin' that hole deeper...and deeper.....and....

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    .....and.... and then I'm gonna give you my freakin money, yeah, that's right Gard, you heard right, I'm gonna up and give you my stinkin money! :mad:

Damn you, Damn Modulus, and Damn you for carrying Modulus!

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Gabu you have a thing about women trying to get up on you on stage. Must be a good feeling :)

oh and brenden.. you get the modulus from gard and give it to me.. that way I don't loose any money and you don't have to worry about buying a modulus anymore :)