1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Wilkins Classic 65 P for Ric 4003 JetGlo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RichSnyder, Nov 21, 2016.

1. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Price:
    Strings:
    I've been bitten by the Ric bug and thought I'd put this up for a possible trade. Looking for a JetGlo 4003 Ric, sorry, black only.

Purchased this from Pat who was selling for a customer. On the surface, it just looks like any other black P bass, but underneath lies vintage woods. Really nice sound and great fit / finish / attention to detail. Pat mostly gets attention for his finishes, but his basses are really nice. Not entirely sure the vintage woods make a lot of difference, but it's cool and the price was right. So, it gets vintage woods and modern construction. Nice even sound all across the fretboard, no dead spots and no gank on the G string.

Wilkins Classic 65 bass guitar serial # 0155 black gloss Parchment pickguard 75 year old Eastern European alder body, 150 year old hard rock maple neck core, 90 year old Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. Vintage bridge, Wilkins '65 pickup.

New, this would run about $4000. I will also sell for $1595 since I can get a Ric at Pick of the Ricks for that.

Here's Phil Chen playing the actual bass:

14761376700_0dd1884607_b.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    megamaeng, spaz21387 and funk7856 like this.
  2. That is gorgeous. Pat makes very fine basses- I have 2. I'd love to have 3!!

RichSnyder likes this.
  3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Original Hard shell case included?

4. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Original gig bag included.