For Sale/Trade Wilkins Marlin PJ5 & Musicman Stingray Special 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by west*coast*bass, Nov 24, 2021 at 4:46 PM.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I have 2 basses for sale...both are in EXCELLENT shape and while I'd prefer to sell both, I may trade both for something of equal value - more on that below...

First up is my custom Wilkins 5 String Marlin PJ. This bass was made for me by Pat Wilkins. The bass has an alder body, a 32" scale maple neck with black blocks and binding and hipshot Lollipop tuners. The pickups are by Howard Ulyate and the preamp is the Nordstrand 3 band. The controls are stacked volume/tone, pickup pan, mid, and stacked treble/bass. There is a passive option when you pull up the pan pot. Nut width is 1.75 and the string spacing is currently 18mm, but it is adjustable.

The bass weighs 8.6 pounds and is in excellent shape. The balance is perfect, the shape of the neck is amazing and I hate that I need to let it go. The bass will ship in a Gruv Gear Gig Blade bag, which is an upgrade from the gig bag it came in.

I have this one priced at $2100 plus actual shipping costs.

*** Stingray has sold *** Next up for sale is a Special Run Trans Purple Musician Stingray 4 string. 7 pounds 3 ounces and an AMAZING neck...not only the shape, which is a slightly different profile with the same nut width as other Stingray basses, but it's a roasted flame and it's spectacular. Everything else is pure Musicman goodness..ships in the original hard shell case.

This one is priced at $2100 plus actual shipping costs.

Wilkins1.jpg Wilkins3.jpg Wilkins4.jpg Wilkins5.jpg Wilkins6.jpg View attachment 4483200 View attachment 4483201 View attachment 4483202 View attachment 4483203 View attachment 4483204 View attachment 4483206

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 9:19 AM
  2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    ***** UPDATE *****
    The Stingray has been sold!! The Wilkins is still available.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2021