1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Wilkins WRTPJ5 - Mary Kaye Blonde Beauty! - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Price:
    $1750
    Strings:
    I've waited and agonized over putting this one up for sale. Listing it makes me ill, but I never play it due to the 18.5mm string spacing and nut size. My mitt's don't fit! I'm amazed that this little difference is an issue, but it is. Every other bass I have is 19mm string spacing and a wider nut. Muscle memory is screwing me up I guess. Therefore, she has just been residing in her case and that's a shame.

The bass is in pristine to like new condition. There is some ever so slightly belt scratches on the rear - that's it! You have to turn the bass just right in the light to even barely make them out. Could probably be buffed if you're that picky. Even the pick guard is pristine!!

FYI - I had this one built to order for me by Pat Wilkins in 2016 - so yes, I'm the original owner.

SPECS:
    Scale: 34"
    Weight: 8 lbs, 9 ounces
    Finish: Mary Kaye blonde over Alder wood I believe. It's a slightly translucent pink color that is gorgeous.
    Pick guard: Beautiful vintage red Tortoise pick guard, specially sourced by Pat for this bass
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Neck: Maple
    Tumers: Hipshot UltraLite
    Bridge: Hipshot
    String Spacing: 18.5mm
    Nut: 1 3/4"
    Electronics: Passive PJ configuration with two stacked pots to control volume and tone of each pickup.

$1750 shipped in G&G Hard Shell Case to anywhere in the CONUS. PayPal is fine.

Trade offers for 5 string basses with 19mm string spacing at the bridge are fine. No 4 strings and five stringers less than 19mm spacing will be ignored. Fling me an offer - the worst I can do is politely decline.

Thanks for looking at my gal!

fullsizeoutput_214.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    HeavyJazz, tommyr01, randini and 4 others like this.
  2. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Stunning Wilkins bass! I love 18.5mm string spacing on a five string bass GLWTS

dfoehr and Greg_S like this.
  3. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Well, make me an offer!

4. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    I am unfortunately not in the market at this time.

5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    This is a drool worthy bass!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021