Wilkinson Bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Nov 7, 2002.

  1. A friend that I do tech work for has a carvin bass with some fairly bent up saddles on a wilkinson bridge (Carvin Bass) Do anyone know where I get get either replacement saddles, of a bridge that will cover the spot that this bridge sits in? The plate is pretty long and has forward screws that will leave holes showing if I go to an ABM or somthign like it.

    Any suggestions would be great

  2. You could probably buy one direct from Carvin, I would imagine.
  3. chucko58


    Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I don't think Carvin has had the Wilkinson bridges for several years.

    I believe Gotoh makes them under license. And there may be unlicensed "clones" out there. Try the usual suspects: AllParts, WD, or StewMac.
  4. Neither Carvin nor All Parts has replacements for the Wilkinson bridges (I've asked). Nobody seems to know whether there is a direct replacement either.:confused: