1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wilkinson vintage style bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Greg Clinkingbeard, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard Commercial User

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Black Dog Bass Works
    I bought one of these on the 'Bay' and just put it on my parts J in place of the BA II.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140389588115
    The bass sounds better than it ever has: much warmer and rounder. The bass is a maple topped alder body with a rosewood fingerboard, Barts into an Audere and for the last five years I have fought a zingy tone that I attributed to the maple top. Nope, the BA II was the problem.
    I put a set of the brass saddles on my fretless and got more warmth and a bit more low end, so I spent $16 on the whole bridge for its fretted sibling. Best $16 I've ever spent. :hyper:
    As an added bonus, the bass is about a lighter. Something to think about.

2. That's exactly the same bridge I put on my Squier P-Bass. I love it, gives it a nice, warm tone.:D

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020