1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will a Gibson EB0 fit in an Epiphone HSC?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Olde Axeman, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Back in the 70's I sold a friend a 1969 Gibson EB0 bass. He has offered to sell it back to me but lives over 500 miles away and doesn't have a HSC.

My simplest option is to just buy a $90 Epiphone EB0 hardshell case and have it shipped directly to him. He can put the EB0 in the case, re-box everything and ship it to me. Of course the success of the plan hinges on the vintage EB0 fitting in the new Epiphone case.

So... can anyone tell me for certain whether or not the old EB0 will fit in the new Epiphone case?

2. I assume you are referring to the EB0 that looks like an SG. The Epiphone HSC for the Epi EB0 also fits the EB-3 (space above headstock) and will more than likely accept a Gibson EB0.

Have you considered asking your friend to go to a music store (or GC:D) and ask about a carton they get guitars in? I've done that a couple of times. Most basses they get are sans case so the carton is shaped for a non-cased bass. Cheaper to ship also.

Good luck!

3. Thanks, but I'm afraid I can't bet the farm on "will most likely fit".

Yes, a vintage EB0 bass looks like a modern SG bass (actually it's the other way around), but my question more aptly applies to whether a modern Epiphone EB0 or EB3 is dimensionally similar enough to a vintage Gibson EB0 that the EB0 will fit snugly in the Epiphone HSC.

I have cardboard guitar cartons a-plenty, but I don't want to ship a vintage guitar in cardboard alone. I want a vintage axe shipped in a hardshell case, smothered in bubble wrap, and surrounded by cardboard.

You only have to lose one vintage guitar (as I have) to inadequate packing to become thoroughly paranoid about the entire experience. Hence, my question.

Anyone know the answer to the fit question with certainty?

4. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Yeah it will

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I bought one for my '72 EB-3. a little extra room at the headstock, but the body fits like a glove.

6. Thanks guys, good info. I appreciate it.