1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will a hartke 3500 and a 410TP cab work???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I want to buy a hartke 3500 transient attack head and a 410 transporter cab (4x10)
    The description says the head is 350 watts into 4 ohms. the cab is 300 watts into 8 ohms. I am terrible with the whole impeidance calculation thing so the main question...... will it work!?
    I have heard nothing but good things about hartke, so before i invest, i need info. Please help!
    if this does work, which i hope it will, should i prepare to be loud or drowned? :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    350W at 4 ohms usually means 200W at 8 ohms

you'll be fine

3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    true, but is 200 watts good for most gigs? I also have another single 15. im not sure of the ohmage though. i can tell you this, its a 15 inch JBL speaker in a tuned 4 way ported cab. if the head is dual out put, should i risk it?

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i could be wrong but i think its 240 watts. I have a hartke 7000 running on top of a hartke 4x10, so very simiilar to what your doing. it is PLENTY loud. My band plays sum decent size venues (100-700 people). it gets down and out there. I usually use the direct out also though. So yea thats a killer rig, and yea thats loud enough.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have an 410TP with an HA4000 head, since the cab is 8 ohms the head is giving 290W RMS, and for me that´s enough power (I´ve played in clubs, small and medium sized, andopen air infrot of 700 people.

Some impedance tips:
    If your amps head gives 400w @ 4ohms, you are able to plug one cab with 8 ohms of impedance, or one cab with 4 ohms of impedance, or 2 cabs 8 ohms each. Be careful, if you plug 2 cabs 4 ohms each, you could damage your head.