Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will a hartke 3500 and a 410TP cab work???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I want to buy a hartke 3500 transient attack head and a 410 transporter cab (4x10)
    The description says the head is 350 watts into 4 ohms. the cab is 300 watts into 8 ohms. I am terrible with the whole impeidance calculation thing so the main question...... will it work!?
    I have heard nothing but good things about hartke, so before i invest, i need info. Please help!
    if this does work, which i hope it will, should i prepare to be loud or drowned? :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    350W at 4 ohms usually means 200W at 8 ohms

you'll be fine

3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    true, but is 200 watts good for most gigs? I also have another single 15. im not sure of the ohmage though. i can tell you this, its a 15 inch JBL speaker in a tuned 4 way ported cab. if the head is dual out put, should i risk it?

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i could be wrong but i think its 240 watts. I have a hartke 7000 running on top of a hartke 4x10, so very simiilar to what your doing. it is PLENTY loud. My band plays sum decent size venues (100-700 people). it gets down and out there. I usually use the direct out also though. So yea thats a killer rig, and yea thats loud enough.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have an 410TP with an HA4000 head, since the cab is 8 ohms the head is giving 290W RMS, and for me that´s enough power (I´ve played in clubs, small and medium sized, andopen air infrot of 700 people.

Some impedance tips:
    If your amps head gives 400w @ 4ohms, you are able to plug one cab with 8 ohms of impedance, or one cab with 4 ohms of impedance, or 2 cabs 8 ohms each. Be careful, if you plug 2 cabs 4 ohms each, you could damage your head.