Will a Musicman pup in a Univox Hi-Flyer?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Vercingetorix, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Vercingetorix

Jul 5, 2003
    So, I love the Mosrite look, but I'm not really into the sound the Hi-Flyer makes. Would a Musicman pup fit into the bridge position on there?

If not, my friend is a luthier so he could route it out for me, but it would be simpler to do it myself.

2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

not really familiar with Mosrites but I'm aware they have some collector value - how much I don't know. So I don't know where this one fits into the mix but it would be a shame to carve something up someone would love to have that's hard to replace when there's plenty of basses that can be carved wihout thought. Even older stuff that does'nt have much value if in prestine condition deserves some consideration in my book.

Don't know that's a factor but was my first thought.

Otherwise, sounds like you're pretty up for an MM so just pick one up and see if it fits (my guess is highly unlikely - drop in mods are rare exceptions in my experience). If not, fire up the router.

Update: yeh, yeh, I know I know. Sometimes the synapse fires, sometimes it misfires. But will leave it as it cause the point still applies whether it's directly related to this thread or not : -)