1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will a Schroeder 212PL play well with a LMIII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Aug 25, 2012.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Just curious if this marriage would predict to be favorable. I have an Epifani UL310 that I dont think is going to cut the mustard. I am assuming the Schro will trump the Epi in low end out put and sheer volume.....Thoughts?

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I have owned a UL310 and a Schroeder 'classic' 212. The schro seemed louder but of course, it achieved that loudness thru its low-mid heavy tone. Personally I prefer the tone of the UL310. Those are both very different sounding cabs. I have no experience with the 212PL.

From my experience with an LMII it did very well with schroeders. The 40hz helped to beef them up a bit too.

One thing to consider is just getting an eq pedal to increase the output of your lowmids on your UL310. A healthy boost around 125-250hz will greatly increase your ability to hear your cab in a mix.

3. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Unfortunately i have no experience with the LMIII, but i do own the 212PL and the 15PL. The 212PL by itself is very fat and round, not midrangy to my ears. The combination of the 2 is unreal. YMMV however!