Will a V4B work for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RedWire75, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I’m currently running a Fender Bassman 800 into an 8 ohm Fender Neo 410 resulting in 500 watts into the cab.

I had a V4B and SVT212 for a brief period right before I lost my job. I absolutely loved the sound but never had a chance to play with other people. I went with the Fender because I thought I’d need the extra oomph and the overdrive was a nice touch.

So I’m running the overdrive channel with a bit of dirt blended in both volumes around 4-5.

Does the V4B and SVT 212 make sense for me? Or is it going to be all distortion at that point? I like dirt but not TOO much. Anyone have experience with both that can compare?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Yes, it makes sense. I don't think you'll see a lot of distortion at normal bar levels. It's more creamy tuby sound. The bar volume I play at is well under the distortion/breakup level with a 212AV. I keep Ultra-Low engaged with everything else set fairly flat. Just plain awesome tone.

If your volume needs aren't outrageous, I think you'll be fine.

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021