1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will changing from DR highbeams to sadowsky blue label require a tross rod adjustment

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BiigM, Oct 7, 2009.

1. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    I know that different basses react differently, so just give me your best bet :)

Thx

2. Possibly not if you stick with the same gauge strings. I know Hi-Beams have lower tension than some other strings, so if you put something with higher tension it might make you need to tighten the truss rod a tiny bit.

3. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Yeah I know that. Maybe I should have asked if the blue label's have higher tension than highbeams. And if so how much?

I know the sads are hexcore so i guess they will have a bit higher tension but is it enough to make a difference?

4. That would depend on your individual bass neck. Some bass necks are much more prone to move under tension. Why is it a problem? I slight turn of the trussrod should fix it if it does need to be tightened.