Will Fender 7150s Fit an AS Jazz?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bongolation, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    ...when strung through-body? Looks close to me.

Or, does anyone know the minimum ball-to-silk length needed to clear it?

Thanks for any help.

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Shouldn't be a problem.

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    So, you've done it?

These look like they're going to be about 1/2" short. I don't want to ruin yet another set of new strings in a futile attempt to string this thing with anything but 8250s. :meh:

4. Don't know about the 7150s, but I've got D'Addario EXL-165s (.045"-.015") strung through-body on my 2008 American Series Jazz, and they are long enough....barely. The G string was EXACTLY the right length.

Roger

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I have some of them, too and they look like they'd be too short. :meh:

I'm beginning to believe that wrapped length is inconsistent in string production and that's why the manufacturers never list that spec.

I restrung the new Yamaha I got and wrap on the E string in the set I used for that just cleared the nut by a little over 1/16".

Considering the price of bass strings, there really needs to be a more reliable way of figuring out if they're going to work.

6. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    Hi I have a 03 US Fender jazz and the 7150's, 7250's and 7350's all fit thru the body and are long enough. I prefer the Nickel 7250's the best with regular wound E string over the 8250's. I didn't really like the 7150's and found them a little weaker volume and tone wise. The 7350's are stainless and they are on my Geddy Lee Jazz, a little more aggressive.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021