1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will Fender J-Bass bridge & pickup covers work for the Fender Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jxcrust, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Jxcrust

Jxcrust

Mar 7, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey after learning bass and developing my skills on a Johnson J-Bass clone, I am looking for an upgrade. I fell in love with the look and tonal variety of the Fender Jaguar Bass in Hot Rod Red. However, I love the look and feel of the old Fender Jazz Basses with the chrome bridge covers and chrome pickup covers. I was thinking it would look really cool and unique to have those covers on the Hot Rod Red Jaguar bass with a black pickguard. I would think this would be possible since they both have J Pups this might be possible but uncertain with the bridge... Does anyone have any knowledge or experience if this might work? Please don't be to "Ha noob!" or something... I'm new here and I've been in the process of converting from a guitarist.... Dropping the pick for my fingers and thumb. Thanks.

2. Klopp18

Klopp18

Dec 25, 2009
    New Hope, MN
    i wouldnt know. but that would be pretty cool!! i've always loved the jaguar. and the classic jazzes. never thought of a "classic jaguar". pretty cool man!

3. Grissle

Grissle

May 17, 2009
    The Bridge covers will fit but there's not enough pickguard material on the bass side for the pup covers to fit.

4. Jxcrust

Jxcrust

Mar 7, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Ah... Oh well I guess I will just get the bridge cover... Maybe I could see if there would be a way to put the pickup cover on... Probably not... Don't suppose a p bass pickup cover... Or any other unknown (to me) chrome bass pickup cover would fit on the Jaguar bass would it? Sorry I just can't let the dream die so easily...

5. Grissle

Grissle

May 17, 2009
    Here's some pics of Jag's + covers

0f8220e4.gif
    I don't know where they got this little cover from?
    attachment.jpg
    JaguarBass.jpg

6. Jxcrust

Jxcrust

Mar 7, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks that little cover gives me a little hope! Either he bought it someplace, had it custom made, or built it himself... Hopefully it is the first. Thank you Grissle.

7. Jaga

Jaga

Jul 18, 2010
    Kraków
    Jxcrust, what's up with the little pick-up cover? Have you invented something or found it? That's interesting question for me too, can't find that cover.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020