Will Ferrell with Queens of the Stone Age

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kazuhank, May 15, 2005.

1. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Will Ferrell is hilarious. His cowbell skit for "Don't fear the reaper" has become a classic music joke the likes of Spinal Tap fare. Anyways, when Queens of the Stone Age started playing "little sister" (which has an overly repetative jamblock intro) it only seemed natural for Ferrell to bust out the cowbell.

Sure enough midway into the song, Ferrell was there in full costume with cowbell in hand. Totally hilarious, and now I'll never hear "Little Sister" again without thinking of Ferrell, BOC, and that cowbell. :)
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Was this on TV or what?

brad cook
  3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    was it on snl last night????
  4. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Yes, on SNL last night Ferrel was hosting and QOTSA was the musical quest. Total spontaneous hilarity.

He danced all over the stage trying to screw up the players-the bass player wanted nothing to do with Ferrell, but Joshua Homme actually played his solo to Ferrell, and Will's dancing made him flub a few notes. At the end of the song Will and Josh stood back to back and made their best "I'm-a-serious-metal-bad-ass" faces for the camera.

I have to see that again! :D
  5. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    It was hilarious. He is damn funny.

They did Jeopardy as well. That's one of my favorite skits. "I'll take MIJ anus Relations (Japan US Relations) Relations for $400"
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ah, man. missed it. sounds great.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 And to think i missed that seeing a J LO SNL rerun.
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I kinda saw that coming, they even mentioned the cowbell skit at the begining of the show. My favorite part was the "We are bad ass" look they gave the camera... well, Will looked more confused.
  9. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    ...and out of breath! It's hard work playing that cowbell. :D