1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will I see a benefit from porting the 10's on my 1820?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crescent Seven, Mar 26, 2006.

1. The 10's on my 1820 are flat sounding and dull, but they're the Scorpions and I think they might sound better in a ported cab. There is room on the back to cut ports, do you think it would cause problems to rear port this thing?
    I'm exceedingly bored tonight, it would give me something to do.:D
    C7

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    If memory serves, the 10's are only working from 125hz on up (maybe it's 250).

In any event, with a correctly designed box (not a randomly chosen one) porting could increase low end. BUT, since those speakers never make low end, it's a pointless exercise.

Are you absolutely certain that punching holes in the back will port the 10" section, and not punch more ports into the 18" space? You'd have to pull a 10" to know for sure.

3. Yeah they 10's are mounted in their own box, and the crossover frequency is 500hz in full range mode. I'm not going to waste my time porting it...I just with it had room to mount a 5" midrange driver in the baffle, because the high end just isn't as crisp as I like it.
    C7