Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will Lee w/ Wayne Krantz CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joshua Pickenpaugh, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    Hey all...anyone heard this disc called "Greenwich Mean"? It's guitarist Wayne Krantz's band with some cuts Tim LaVebvre playing bass and on others Will Lee is playing. It's an AWSOME intrumental, progressive trio recording and would like to know what tracks Tim is playing and which ones Will is playing.

Also, anyone in NY seen these guys play? The stuff on this disc is just amazing! Wowsers...Thanks guys!

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    You don't have the liner notes, eh?
    Inside this cd's cover, it sez-
    "If You Like This CD...PLEASE DO NOT MAKE COPIES OF IT!"

It's available @www.waynekrantz.com

It's a 21 track disc...
    Lefebvre plays on 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,11,12,17,18,19,20, & 21.

Lee is on 6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15, & 16.

Looks as though BOTH play on tracks 6,8, & 10.

Krantz always puts out a quality 'product'...both of the albums with Lincoln Goines/Zach Danzinger are killer; Signals, with Anthony Jackson is also quite good.

3. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    Hey thanks for the info! The reason why I don't have the liner notes is that I have a PROMOTIONAL COPY that I got from my friend who is the Editor of Earshot Magizine in Seattle. Wayne gave away a ton of promo discs to Earshot before arriving at their jazz festival last October, too many I guess, and I got one.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It's cool.
    At a different site, I helped someone out who wanted credits & got beat up pretty good because they burned the disc from their local library.

If you like that Krantz trio stuff...try Steve Khan's Eyewitness Band(Khan, Anthony Jackson, & either Steve Jordan/Weckl/Dennis Chambers + Manola Badrena on percussion).