1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will my 2X10 work as a monitor in a pinch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Busker, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Its not a wedge of course, just a GK 2X10 8 ohm Backline cab (200 watt?) that I seldom use anymore. I assume I'd need to tilt it so it faces up to me instead of directing the sound at my feet.

I'd rather have a real wedge monitor and will get one ASAP. Any recommendations? Prefer light weight. I'm already toting an Eden 4X10 and Peavey head. Together, those weigh over 150 pounds I'm sure. Plus 2 basses, and all the extra gear, cords, stands, etc. That's a lot of stuff to carry to a gig, so a small and light monitor would be great.

Thanks

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    How well it will work depends on what you want to run through it. It should sound fine for monitoring bass (obviously), but it will probably be very boxy as a vocal monitor. If you need it for vocals, plan on dedicating either a parametric or graphic eq to sculpt that monitor send.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Luckily bass cabs are pretty tough. It will work but might not sound that great for vocals.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021