Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

will my cabs get along?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, May 30, 2002.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i have a question about teh avatar speaker cabs. I currently have a hartke 7000 head and a hartke aluminum 4x10. I was thinking about getting an avatar 8 ohm 2x10 with a horn. I was gonna plug the 2x10 into the high frequency and the 4x10 into the low frequency. How do u think the aluminum speakers would sound with the normal speakers? Will this setup sound good? Anyone have any experience with avatar, good and bad?

2. Look, Bud, Hartke speakers w/ Aluminum cones are meant to sound good, I personally would grab a 1x15XL and stick it to the lows, since you've got 2/3 Hartke, go 3/3...Although I've hear good things about an Avatar, I'd go with the Hartke, since I've heard of people having troubles with alot of the 4x10 cabs and some low end frequencies....

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    where have you heard that?
    i would get the 210 and out it into the low freq.
    the 210 id designed to go lower than a 410.
    and the 210 has bigger speaker magnets

steve

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i ran my fender 15 cab with my crate 410 cab
    and my hartke 2000 head and it sounded great!!!

steve

5. I talked to the guy at avatar today (I ordered a 410 +115 stack woohoo!) and I don't know if this affects your situation but he is out of 8 ohm 210s for at least the next week. He ran out of the 16ohm 10s that they use.
    If your head has a biamp crossover I would second the 15" idea. It might also make sense to keep the same brand together as they have generally been tested to play well as a set.