Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will my Eden 410T be enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Saetia, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    My band will be playing at a huge club sometime in the near future (date not yet set). Anyway we would be an opener at The Rave in Milwuakee Wi, which has many differnet rooms, but the one we'd be playing can fit around 6000 people in it. They have Huge P.A. support but I was wondering if my 410T be enough to be used as a stage monitor for myself. I would normally couple it with my 215XLT but funds were short this month and parents breathing down my neck, I had to part with my power amp, and have to fall back on the trusty Peavey head. Anywho, would this be enough or should I go out and rent a power amp so I can use my 215 as well? Any info or opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    Peace
    -Ben

2. until.tomorrow

until.tomorrow Guest

May 5, 2003
    US - Milwaukee
    boooo don't support the rave... Who are you opening up for anyhoo?? and when? Ill come check you out!

3. Station

Station

Feb 2, 2004
    Wales , UK
    It depends exactly how good the PA system and in particular how good the monitor system is. I've played many a gig where the front of house sound has been great but the monitor system has been dreadful. In gigs where I've taken my own rig it's been fine cos it can cut through lead i reckon :) but at gigs where i've used someone elses gear i've had to play "blind" a lot of the time. How much wattage does your head + 4 x10 kick out? If it's fairly powerful you might be ok with it but i would maybe stick it up on a flight case or table so it's near ear level, that way you can be sure you can hear yourself

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You could always put some of your bass in your monitor mix, but being the opening band, I'd think that might not be an option for you.

Its not the size of the room, but the size of the stage. Keep your cab as close to you as possible, and as high up to your head as possible. Focus on midrange and not low end, and you should get by just fine.

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Andy,
    I know I know, The Rave wahh wahh wahh, but it will be a good experience. We will be opening for CKY with TBA ha-ha. I have a question for you but I'll ask you on MSN.

Station,
    The monitor system is great there, they house national acts multiple times a week I have no doubt of the PA system or Monitors to be anything less then quality. As for my head, I can't say that it is very powerful, I had my power amp, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to keep it. So basically I have to fall back on the trusty Peavey Session bass that's treated me good, which I actually got from Andy ha-ha. The head is only 130 watts @ 8 ohms and 200 watts @ 4 ohms, a very loud 130/200 watts though especially though the 410T. I still miss the power amp :(

Eric Moesle,
    The stage there is quite large, I just learned as I'm writing this that we will be playing the bar stage which brings the stage size down considerably and room size from 6000 people to around 1000 maybe more around the bar area. Right as we get done CKY takes the stage on the larger stage. Any who, the stage is medium sized and there is a good PA in there but I'm unsure if I'll have any support from it or not???? I'll try raising my cab at practice to see what noticeable differences I will get, I've done this in the past with my MM HD-212 (which lost all bottom if it wasn't on the floor).

Thanks again for all of the help,
    Peace
    -Ben

6. until.tomorrow

until.tomorrow Guest

May 5, 2003
    US - Milwaukee
    Last time (and only time) we played at the rave i played through an Eden 410 with a GK 800rb and it sounded great on stage. The guitar mix wasn't very good through the monitors though.

If you want something more with a little more power i can let yah borrow my Gk1001 rack...yes? no?

peace

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If you would be so generouse to allow me to barrow the rack that would be awesome, I mean you'd be there too. Do you still have the sonic maximizer in there? That would add seriouse booty to my tone, bring out that growl of the warwick. I do have to say you have the smoothest tone I've ever heard, the MM Sterling the GK1001, and the ampeg cab, just beautiful. If you'd let me I'd be greatful!

Still missing my power amp
    Thanks
    peace
    -Ben

8. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Keep in mind that big rooms and loud PA volume doesn't require loud stage volume. Spare yourselves and blast the audience. You'll sound better because your stage sound will be decent.

Then the 410 cab should be fine.

9. i saw an outdoor show last night (it was a Christian music fest at the college, really cool stuff) and one guy had a wt800 running into a 410t (with a warwick thumb 5) and it sounded fat! and plenty loud and well defined for an outdoor gig...so a 410t indoors should be fine

10. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Thanks much learning_towalk, I currently fall short of what the WT-800 has to offer though, I've been contemplating ditching the pre-amp and saving for either a WT-800 or an iAMP 800. Anywho, I think my Peavey won't cut it, thanks to Andy I'll have a Gk1001 to use.

Peace
    -Ben