1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

will my fender neck fit an essex body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thelastofus, Oct 6, 2003.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    i have a 70's fender p bass neck that i want to make a bass out of. i was gonna go the warmoth route but that's kind of expensive. so i was looking at the essex basses and they use alder bodies which is what i wanted. what i was wondering is if the fender neck will fit into the neck joint of the essex body? thanks a lot.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    From what i have read on this board, it will not fit. Somebody can back me up (or not) on that, but I'm pretty confident that that is the case.

Might want to sniff around on ebay for a Fender body for cheap.

3. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    well then how are the essex necks? are they nice? when i hold a mexican fender or an olp or something of that quality. it usually feels like
    i'm not holding onto wood. it feels like cheap particle board or something. are these necks nice feeilng? or are they just "good for the price". and once again i know it's all relative to preference and opinion, but what is everyone's opinion on essex necks?

4. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    look in the essex mega-thread. im sure there is probably something in there about the necks. ive never owned one, so i cant speak from expirience.

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I personally like the essex neck, but i sanded the coat off though, I love that bare wood feel, and for the most part, it feels like real wood.

6. only one way to find out...try ;)