1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will My GK700RBII Fit In This Rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Livewire, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey guys

So I have a GK 700RBII and I was wondering if it would fit in either a SKB or Gator shallow case. I'm thinking of trading my SKB 4U rack (I'm downsizing) for his 2u Gator rack. He says he thinks it's 16-17 deep and either one of these:
    http://accessories.musiciansfriend....-Case?sku=544792&CJAID=10451188&CJPID=3353204
    http://accessories.musiciansfriend....-Case?sku=541717&CJAID=10451188&CJPID=3353204

I know, one of them is shallow and the other is deluxe, but just in case it is the shallow one, would the head fit? I think I've read on here that there's problems where the GK head didn't end up fitting properly in the shallow racks but I'm not 100% sure.

Can any GK heads help me out, it would be really appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Joe

2. I believe it should fit in the shallow rack, however keep in mind that the fan on the GK is on top of the unit and a 2u Rack may inhibit airflow. I used to have a GK 700RB in a 2u rack and ended up drilling holes in the top of the rack case to keep her cool. Just something to consider.

3. As a rule of thumb, if an amplifier vents anywhere else but front to back leave at least an empty space above and below.

Paul

4. The 700RB will fit fine in a Gator shallow rack. Got just enough room at rear to store power cord, and leave the Speakon cord plugged in. I like it much better than SKB Roto rack which has a small rear hatch with funky latches.
    Mine's in a 3u Gator shallow rack, but that's just because it's what I had available. Some have said the 2u provides adequate ventilation, but I'm planning on putting mine in one and drilling some vent holes in the relief part of the molded lettering on top.

5. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    I put mine in 2u skb shallow rack. never had any problems over heating. have had it 3 years or so now. used it alot too. Now im using my new Tc red head! lighter.