Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

will NS-2 help with wireless hiss?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jan 30, 2005.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I just got my Samson Airline wireless and there is a small amount of hiss whenever I play a note. Would a Boss Noise Suppressor help me out on this?

~Patrick

2. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Not exactly in the way you'd like it to. The NS-2 will only cut off any noise after you played the note never during. So if you're playing a note you'll still hear hiss.

Unfortunately hiss is something you deal with in a wireless, whether it be a little or a lot. The best thing to do is make sure your bass volume is all the way up and if there is a gain adjustor on your transmitter make sure you have it as high as it can go without clipping the receiver. You'll never be able to get rid of the hiss entirely unless you use a cab with no tweeters.

3. if i was to run an overdrive, with any tone, and i wanted to get rid of the feedback, if i used the pedal than it would cut out any noise, including from my pickups, right?

4. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    If you set the threshold high enough you should be able to.