1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will SANSAMP ever make a standalone Tech 21 RBI bass amp ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mb94952, Jul 18, 2012.

1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I love the Sansamp Tech 21 RBI. I have tried the whole pre / power rig thing. To me, the Sansamp Tech 21 RBI is hands down the best preamp ever made. It does everything the other's do and being solid state, it's just uber - reliable.
    I have tried all the usual suspects and they are all excellent ; the Yamaha PB-1, Alembic F1-X, Demeter, Ampeg SVP, etc. They are all excellent, but the Sansamp is just *so good* !!!

I use Mesa amps now. I use my Walkabout and my M6 Carbine 90% of the time.

I'd LOVE to see a SANSAMP head !! Like 500w or 1000w.

Does anyone know why they don't do that ? Have they ever done that ? It would sell for sure...

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They make heads. Not with the RBI but with the VT.

3. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Wow, I didn't know that !!! Glad to see you back, btw !!!

4. Preamp in their Landmark bass head has one channel of Sansamp RBI and second channel of RBL preamp.
    Unfortunately 600W model is discontinued and currently they ship only Landmark 300.
    http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/amps/bass/landmark300.html

Maybe you'll have luck with getting some used piece.. if you want it.

Regards,

Michal

5. Shazbot

Shazbot

Jun 29, 2008
    I have the Landmark 300 amp and it makes the most punishing bass tones out there (proper overdrive/distortion)

Sadly, the only speakers that I've found that don't get shredded to pieces are ampeg cabs (but that's only when it's distorted though). Sounds awesome when it mimics other bass tones!

6. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    The only reason you'd be shredding speakers is from too much power. This would happen with any amp, and had nothing to do specifically with the Landmark.