Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will the Ag OBP-1 work with 9 volts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jerry J, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Just like it says in the subject line, will the OBP-1 work on just one 9 volt battery? I don't want to route my bass just to fit two batteries.

thanks!:)

2. Hey, another rain-soaked Oregonian!!!:D

Yeah, I think it's just one. Mine's on the way. Where are you getting yours? Don't tell me Apple, cause I'd have to hurt you.:D They screw people all the time down there.

Rock on
    Eric

3. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Rain or wind...at least it isn't snow.

I'm wanting the OBP-1 for my fretless US Masters. It just sounds so whimpy without a bit of help. Plus I'm just not crazy about the tone control setup and would like a bit more control at the bass.

I got a schematic, here on TB, and it shows two 9 volt batteries. I just wanted to make sure that I can run the preamp with just one 9 volt.

Oh, Apple? NOT! Most likely Bass Northwest.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Everything I've ever seen on it specs it as an 18-volt system. You can probably get around the second battery by using a Fishman 'Voltage Doubler'... Here's a StewMac info sheet on it listing the OBP-1 as accepting...

http://stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-5185/

What is this?!?! Saturday night and three Oregonians without a gig?!?!

-robert

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Robert, thanks for the lead on the Voltage Doubler.

I'm thinking that I'm just going to go with a Bartolini NTBT. Now I just have to find one. I understand that it takes months to get anything from Bartolini these days, though.:(

Yep, no gig for me. I'm in the starting stages of a new band, hopefully.

6. That's cause the gig was this morning.:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    You can find bartolini stuff quicker than that. It's just hard to find. I got an ntmb pre amp from bill conklin superfast. And my pickups from www.electroniccitymusic.com resenably fast