1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will the Ag OBP-1 work with 9 volts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jerry J, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Just like it says in the subject line, will the OBP-1 work on just one 9 volt battery? I don't want to route my bass just to fit two batteries.

thanks!:)

2. Hey, another rain-soaked Oregonian!!!:D

Yeah, I think it's just one. Mine's on the way. Where are you getting yours? Don't tell me Apple, cause I'd have to hurt you.:D They screw people all the time down there.

Rock on
    Eric

3. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Rain or wind...at least it isn't snow.

I'm wanting the OBP-1 for my fretless US Masters. It just sounds so whimpy without a bit of help. Plus I'm just not crazy about the tone control setup and would like a bit more control at the bass.

I got a schematic, here on TB, and it shows two 9 volt batteries. I just wanted to make sure that I can run the preamp with just one 9 volt.

Oh, Apple? NOT! Most likely Bass Northwest.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Everything I've ever seen on it specs it as an 18-volt system. You can probably get around the second battery by using a Fishman 'Voltage Doubler'... Here's a StewMac info sheet on it listing the OBP-1 as accepting...

http://stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-5185/

What is this?!?! Saturday night and three Oregonians without a gig?!?!

-robert

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Robert, thanks for the lead on the Voltage Doubler.

I'm thinking that I'm just going to go with a Bartolini NTBT. Now I just have to find one. I understand that it takes months to get anything from Bartolini these days, though.:(

Yep, no gig for me. I'm in the starting stages of a new band, hopefully.

6. That's cause the gig was this morning.:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    You can find bartolini stuff quicker than that. It's just hard to find. I got an ntmb pre amp from bill conklin superfast. And my pickups from www.electroniccitymusic.com resenably fast